Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Cat Desensitization Session

Kelly came over today to hold my first "cat desensitization" session. Mom didn't feel she had enough experience to do this herself although frankly it was pretty easy for them. Mom sat on the floor with Misty the cat, and Kelly stood a short distance away with me. Kelly put that metal collar on me and made me behave! When I behaved Kelly gave me a delicious treat. All I had to do to get the treat was stay down and not whine or bark. I was pretty stubborn though and it took me about 15 minutes to get there. I must say that Misty has no fear or even interest in me at all, despite my high level of interest in her.

Mom and Kelly seemed pleased. They speculate that I may just want to play with the kitties given how playful I am in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home