Friday, July 29, 2005

The New York Times: more feline than canine

It's terrible how biased the press is! Even the venerable NYTimes shows its claws in the latest article which worships cats and their prowness on the internet. Well, I couldn't let this pass. I wrote my first "letter to the editor".




MY LETTER TO THE EDITOR OF THE NEW YORK TIMES

Subject: Dogs DO Blog -- despite your article stating the contrary

Dear Editor of the New York Times,

Regarding the article about cats on the internet:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/30/arts/30cats.html?hp
Internet's Best Friend (Let Me Count the Ways)
By SARAH BOXER
Published: July 30, 2005

While amusing and well-written, it concludes with a shocking falsehood:
“Those cats are like so many bloggers sitting at home staring into their computer screens and watching other bloggers blog other bloggers. Cats, who live indoors and love to prowl, are the soul of the blogosphere. Dogs would never blog.”

I realize the NYTimes is biased; more Democrat than Republican, more liberal than conservative, more intellectual than blue-collar, but I never, ever would have imagined it to be more feline than canine.

Check out my blog – http://www.samtheblackgsd.blogspot.com/.
“Sam the beautiful all-black German Shepherd dog”
220 posts since August 26, 2004 (when I finally gained access to the internet). That’s an average of more than 5 posts a week. And check out the “Dog Blogroll” in the sidebar of my blog where my cyberdog buddies are busily chronicling their lives.

Woofs and Treats,
Sam the beautiful all-black German Shepherd dog
http://www.samtheblackgsd.blogspot.com/

p.s. I often post about cats since my goal in life is to get my pearly teeth around their soft lithe scrawny bodies and scrunch down hard. No luck so far, but this dream keeps me going.

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger L^2 barked...


Excellent letter Sam!!! Dog blogs are the best!

-Willow & Stella

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

On behalf of all the dogs I know, thank you very much Sam. Usually the press at least favors dogs, but apparently Al Gore must have bought out even the Times . . .

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

Oh, just so you know, I am NOT a Republican just because I don't like Al Gore! :)

All the best,
Cal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home