Sunday, January 09, 2005

The Return of Cooper's Hawk

Today the Cooper's Hawk came back. Mom was weeding in the garden, and I was standing quietly keeping watch. We were behind the house next to the side yard, right in front of the aviary. We heard a swooping noise and the Cooper's Hawk came thru the side yard and grazed the aviary; then went up into the oak tree. Naturally the cockatiels and the ring-neck parakeet who are in the aviary got kind of upset. The cockatiels shrieked and the parakeet screeched. The hawk called too after it couldn't get them -- wow, kind of an evil sound! The whole thing happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to bark!

To be honest, I'm on the side of the hawk. I'd love to get my mouth around one of those feathered-covered fluff balls! I've tried to get in that aviary many times...I've whined at the door when Mom goes in, I've jumped up the sides. It's impenetrable though. Darn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home