Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Nearly Captured Banana Peel

Today all 4 of us doggies and Mom shared a big banana. She throws pieces at me and I catch them in the air. None of the other dogs have any talent in catching flying objects...when they fall to the ground Pumpkin the Vacuum Cleaner goes to work. He ends up with far more than his share.

Then, when Mom was throwing the peel into the garbage I grabbed it! I was wolfing it down but Mom grabbed the end that was sticking outside my mouth and retrieved it. Very disappointing. I think the peel is the best part of the banana.

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

Ah, Sammy and his banana peels. So, why won't your mom let you have them? Are they bad for you, or do you just eat too many of them?

If I knew how to work the mailbox, I'd send you some banana peels as a present. The mailman is nice, even though I barked at him that one time. Maybe he'd do it for me without telling.

-Woof! (China)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

Hi China,

Good point about the banana peels! Maybe they are good for me and Mom just doesn't know this. I googled around a bit but I couldn't find anything definitive. However, it's clear that I am not the only dog that likes banana peels. I've only managed to eat them twice. I suppose Mom things they will get stuck somewhere inside me and I will have to be rushed to the vet and have my insides turned outside.

Let me give you some advice regarding the mailman. We dogs are supposed to bark and growl and jump up and down and make a terrible fuss every single time he or she comes to the house. If you only barked at the mailman ONCE you are being way way too obedient to your humans. You do not want them to get the wrong idea. I'm not suppposed to tattle but a few years ago Buffy bit the mailwoman on her ankle. Me...I'm all bark and no bite.

Sammy

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

You have a great advantage catching flying objects for sure. My friend Haley the black lab can catch anything before any dog or human - she is amazing. I get a bit fidgety after she catches 3 in a row and I haven't had a treat yet. I eventually have to go grab the tennis ball and distract her then when the treat falls on the floor I grab it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home