Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Patio Turf

I now have "patio turf" for the awful moments when I am put outside on the porch in back. Patio turf is grass sod from Home Depot. $1.70 for 5 sq. ft each, 10 strips, and put together on the patio. I can now lounge outside on soft pliable grass rather than rugs or worse the concrete. I don’t have any grass in my yard at all since all Mom likes are CA native plants and mulch between them. In any case the patio concrete was a problem since I drag my rear end (I cannot walk anymore). I also tend to pee in place after eating so this helps keep the pee off offf of me. We experimented with 1 grass strip for a 4 weeks and half of it still looks good. The part where I peed consistently is dead but now, with lots more area, perhaps the new grass will be able to revive itself after a pee or two.

I describe being outside as "awful moments" since I think I should be in the house at all times! Maybe this is because I was a yard dog only in my previous life. I can't really say. It's not bad outside though since the other doggies are with me, I am lying on my new soft and fresh grass, and I can see into the family room. Mom never leaves me outside for long since she knows I want to be inside so bad!

I'm still having problem with my poop -- to squishy. I don't mind that much but Mom has to clean it up. Last night I couldn't help it and I pooped squishily at 3am. I'm taking more medicine now to try to firm up my poop. Well, you gotta be here to appreciate it!

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Splash barked...

My older brother Mike is having trouble holding it now too. He has to go out a lot! And he sure does drink a lot of water! He wakes mom up in the middle of the night by panting. She goes out with him but I stay on the bed and pretend to be fast asleep.

Mom's a little worried about Mikey, but the vet didn't see anything wrong. Maybe it is like the car when you hear a funny noise but it isn't loud enough for the mechanic to hear until it gets worse.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

I am very impressed that you made note of the price of sod Sam! I am no good with numbers. Ask me how many treats I just had and I'll always say "none" just to get more.

As for peeing on grass, have your human sprinkle gypsum and water on an area after you pee on it. That grass will end up growing faster than the rest of the lawn I hear. Not sure of the price of a 20 lb bag of gypsum but I bet they have it at Home Depot!

Cal

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

Cal thanks for the suggestion of gypsum and water to help the pee patches. Mom's going to buy some today at home depot and start using it. There are some big brown patches already; hope this helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home