Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Happy Dog with Lots of Problems

I'm home and happy! I've been home since Tuesday when Mom came and picked me up at the vet. I almost had to drive home though Mom was so traumatized by the bill. I know I am a lot of work to take care of and Mom is really busy with packing and winding up the house sale and working on her consulting business and her new apparel business (WearAware). Plus we got the really bad news that Elsa most likely has degenerative myelopathy too. Mom can barely manage taking care of me -- having two German Shepherds that cannot walk at the same time seems unmaneagable.

I'm very upbeat all the time because I am only a dog. Even though I don't get treats anymore since Mom is afraid I will get aspiration pnuemonia again, and I have to eat my food standing up (Mom holds me up while I eat, luckily for her I eat very, very quickly), I still get lots of ice cubes, I get to be in the house 99% of the time, and I get ear rubs and nose squeezes all day. Who could ask for more?

I just wish Mom didn't worry so much about me and now Elsa too.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger IndyPindy barked...

Oh Sam, I'm glad you are better and home, but I'm very hard to hear about Elsa. I'm sorry your poor mom is worrying so much. I will keep my paws crossed for all of you. And you are right, bananas are delicious! They are my favorite new treat!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Aringsburg barked...

Hi! It's all for our darling SAM and his family that I dropped by to wish Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

May all the thousands of good things of life brighten up your days this Christmas and forever.

From REX, REVA, Rani & Family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home