Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Feverish Dog

I'm still in the Adobe Hospital ICU recovering from pneumonia. I'm eating great and alert and happy, but Dr. O'Day says my fever still spikes too high (103.9 today). She wants me to stay in the ICU one more day. Dr. Shandro will be taking over my care until Monday when Dr. O'Day returns. I like both doctors very much. Dr. Shandro was my vet when I had pneumonia in July.

Mom came to visit me tonight and told me she was taking a trip for a few days. I'm not happy about being stuck here with no visitors, but worse, Mom forgot my BANANA! She promised to bring me a whole bunch when she returns. I sulked a bit but what can I do? I'm stuck here...I can't run away since I can't walk. Besides, the food is great.



Mom said she is temporarily dogless. Elsa is in the kennel at Pet's Friend, Buffy is with Kodi, Pumpkin is with Bandit, and of course I'm here at Adobe Hospital. Mom still has the luscious felines, but tomorrow they go to Hemingway Cat Hospital for boarding. Only the birds will stay home in their outdoor aviary, cared for by Critter Care, while Mom is traveling.

I'll be moving from the ICU to the medium care unit tomorrow and it will be hard to blog from there. Stay tuned for when I come home next Tuesday!

6 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger IndyPindy barked...

Hang in there Sammy! I will use my Husky powers to try and get one of the doctors to bring you a banana...*sending brainwaves to doctors*...

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Freda barked...

Hey Sammy,

I'm barkin' for you. Mom bought a banana bunch today. Will try to get some to you somehow. Maybe float some down the river.

Woof!

Freda

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger PrincessMia barked...

I'm looking forward to your next update Sammy. You take care and get well soon!

purrs,
Mia

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger WCTs barked...

Meow...Sammy, we will save some treats for you...get better....woof,

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South...we like those bananas!

=^..^=

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger IndyPindy barked...

Hey Sammy,
I'm sorry your mom forgot to bring you a 'naner. You know, now that I have food allergies, 'naners are about the only treats I can have. Well, at least they're sweet so they satisfy my sweet tooth!

Hope you feel better buddy!
Indy

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Freda barked...

Sammy,
No new postings. Hope everything is okay.

Thinking about you.

Woof!

Freda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home