Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Favorite Things: Food and Cats

Gosh I love to eat. My diarrhea is finally resolved which is very good news for Mom. Good thing because I eat a lot. I lost weight when on the steroids and now I am gaining it back. My coat is all shiny black again too.

But I cannot walk at all. Mom has to put on the harness to take me outside to do my duty. I do not like my back legs to be touched and I growl at Mom when she is trying to get the harness on me. Oh, I don't mean to growl, but it just comes out. Since I nipped Mom a few weeks ago on the leg she always puts on a muzzle before she puts on the harness. Very wise on her part because I have a gorgeous set of teeth and quite powerful jaws.

My passions are food, food, food, as before. I live to eat.

Of course I am still very interested in cats. The indoor cats which live in the little room behind the glass door continue to fascinate me.

Last Sunday morning, when the sliding door to the patio was open, I saw the neighbor's white cat outside on the fence! As you know, that white cat sits on the fence and teases us doggies. I used to run out there and bark my head off at it, but I cannot do that anymore. However I did drag myself halfway out into the yard and barked a bit. I woke Mom up and for once she was really happy to hear me barking loudly. For some reason when I barked at the white cat I had my old deep GSD bark. Most of the time now I can't really bark...I just make kind of a squeaking noise. I don't know why this is but it doesn't really matter as long as those cats get the picture that I am in charge here.

3 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

Dear Sam,

I'm really sorry that you can't walk. I hope that you're resting as comfortably as possible and will be able to tolerate your Mom's efforts to get you outdoors better.

It's nice that you're getting yummy food and that you can enjoy it. I, myself, am partial to watermelon. When I'm chomping on a big chunk, nobody better try to take it away. I get very fierce and growl deep in my throat.

I continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Love,
Max The Wonder Dog

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

It's not the loudness, but the attitude of the bark. You keep those cats in line, Sam.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home