Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Slumber Party

We are having a slumber party tonight. Mom brought the aerobed into the family room and all of us are going to sleep in there. Mom has her own bed of course, but she thinks I'm lonely sleeping in the family room with just Elsa the Meanie for companionship. Last night I crawled into Mom's bedroom at 3am. I have to crawl now because my back legs don't work anymore. Mom brought in my doggy bed and I was so happy! I got on my doggy bed, fell sound asleep, snored the night away till 7:30am.

Mom's friends on the Yahoo Group degenerative myelopathy said I need to be next to Mom all night. They recommended that we all sleep together in the family room since it's too hard for me to get into the bedrooms.

I'm pretty happy about this I think I will sleep a lot better being right next to Mom.

Mom tried to take some pictures of me in the family room but I am terrified of the camera. I cannot explain why but I immediately try to get away when she brings it out. So she took a picture of Pumpkin on the aerobed and one rather poor picture of me in the kitchen before I escaped. Not that easy for me to get away these days but I hate the camera!

I'm happy with the new slumber party sleeping situation but I don't really understand why Elsa the Meanie had to be invited. While it's true she hasn't been mean to me in awhile, ever since I bit her on the nose when she jumped on me, I wouldn't have sent her a party invitation.

6 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

I like sleeping next to my human too. Anywhere near, it just feels right. Sleep well Sam!

Cal

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

I think I'm a rarity in the pooch world. I prefer to sleep alone. Once 10:00 comes around, I go to the other room and curl up on my couch and DO NOT like to be disturbed until morning.

When we go on long trips, I like to sleep with my humans, but I only do that because I don't want them to forget me when we leave the next day.

Glad you had fun at the slumber party, Sam. I hope it makes you feel less lonely.

-Woof! (China)

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

Sam and Cynthia,
I'm so happy you got to sleep together. Your Mom loves you so much!
Your Friend, Cindy S and Kodi

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger R. Keith barked...

Sam,
I hope you're enjoying your slumber party nights. At night we sleep on our beds on the floor at the end of our people's bed, but during the day their bed is MINE. The days I like best are when my mom is working at home and I whine until she brings her work into the bed with me. Thank goodness she got a laptop. That big computer took up too much of the pillow.
Pimm

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

Sweet Sammy-
We're pulling for you! Get better soon!
Meagen & Angel Bensen

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

Wow, Sam. We are alike again. My mom sleeps next to me in the family room just like yours. Only my mom sleeps on the couch and I sleep on the cool tile floor. She said it is the least she can do for me right now. When she is close, I don't try to walk around as much and then I don't fall down. I really like having Mom close just like you do!
Your pal,
Kody the GSD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home