Saturday, February 05, 2005

The Difficult Day

Today has been a very hard day. I am in my crate relaxing now, safe from Elsa. Mom gave me a bunch of treats so I feel a little better.

I'm having great difficulty walking; my back legs just don't seem to work anymore. I don't really understand what is going on. I don't have any pain, but something is wrong.

Now that I can't walk, Elsa took this as an opportunity to beat me up! She jumped on me and grabbed my neck and pushed me to the floor. Luckily Mom was in the room and she pulled Elsa off of me which wasn't easy. Elsa didn't hurt me, she just likes to be the boss and push me around. You would think given my condition she would be nice to me but she sees my weakness as her opportunity. The only good news is I managed to bite her foot real hard. She bled a little bit and limped around for awhile trying to get sympathy from Mom. As you can imagine, Mom was not sympathetic to her and in fact is not pleased with her at all.

Well, luckily I am just a dog and I don't really know what is going on. Mom says some of her friends are coming over tomorrow to help her figure out how to keep me comfy.

5 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Heidi barked...

Oh Sam I am so sorry you had a bad day! You are a good dog and I know dat dey vill figure out vhat is wrong. Just remember ve are all thinking of you! You're a tribute to dogs everywhere! Prayers are vith you.

Chow, Heidi

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Splash barked...

Hang in there Sam. I know girls can be kind of bossy. We are all rooting for you.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

Oh Sammy, I'm sorry to hear about your back legs, but it's good that you're not in pain.

I've heard of these nifty things that dogs like you can use to get around. They're wheelchairs for dogs. I don't know how much they cost, though. I do know that some humans have made them for their dogs instead of buying them. Maybe some human you know can get you set up with one of those and you can be a free-wheelin' doggy.

I bet Elsa couldn't catch you with that, and if she did, you could just 'peel out' and leave her in the dust. ;)

Good luck!

-Woof! (China)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

Dear Cyberdoggy friends.

Thanks for your support! I'm feeling better today. I am walking but wobbly, like before. Better than yesterday though since I couldn't walk at all.

Two of Mom's friends are coming over today and we are going to experiment with a harness and a cart. I don't really know what that means but these are devices that can help me walk around even when my back legs don't work.

Elsa is staying away from me today. I'm glad I bit her.

Sammy

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

Sammy, I'm glad to hear that you're better.

Mom and I was watching a show on Animal Planet about those carts and boys can those doggies go! If you get one, you'll probably be moving around better than ever!

And I don't blame you about Elsa. ;)

-Woof! (China)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home