Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Garden Tour April 17th

I wanted to blog about how great I feel since I started taking the new medicine, and about my scooting around the house like a banshee annoying Mom, how I play with Pumpkin and Buffy (but not the big meanie Elsa), how I wake Mom up in the morning with little barks of joy in anticipation of breakfast, all about my walk in the neighborhood today using my wheels and my close encounter with that gorgeous all-white standard poodle that lives up the street, but nnnnoooooo, Mom insists I blog about her garden instead.

So, OK, I will do whatever it takes to make Mom happy.

Mom's California Native Plant garden is going to be on the Going Native Garden Tour on April 17th, next Sunday (Silicon Valley, CA). All of you are welcome to stop by! The tour is full already, but there is always room here for one of my gadzillions of fans. Just whisper the word "Sammy" in Mom's ear and she will introduce you to me! Anyway, information about the garden tour can be found at www.goingnativegardentour.com and Mom's plant list is at www.ceanothus.com. You can even read about Bob the valley carpenter bee in an article in the San Francisco Chronicle.

You can send me an email at sam@typaldos.com and I will give you our address.


Ceanothus cuneatus in our California native plant gareden

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

I'm glad you're feeling so good, Sam!

My mom says she's gonna start a garden too. If it'll ever stop snowing (it snowed here today - but nothing stuck). She wants to put flowers all along the front to hide the bottom of the house that's covered in plastic.

She's still trying to decide whether to plant in the ground, or put them in containers. I hope she plants in the ground - I can help her dig.

-Woof! (China)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Freda barked...

Everybody here is glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Several homes ago, long before I knew them, my humans ripped up the whole front yard and put in bulbs, lillies, lots of wildflowers and a drip system. It was the only yard like it on the block. A year after they moved they went back to see how the yard looked. All the flowers had been replaced with grass. It looked sad.

Now in OUR yard we are planting lots of flowers and flowering shrubs. It smells great. We have to keep some grass in the front but every now and then my buddy rips a little more out to make room for plants that do well in our soil. We love yards like yours. Tell your mom to keep up the good work. And you continue the great supervision.

Freda

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Heidi barked...

Very pretty! My marie loves to garden. She doesn't like it vhen I dig holes but she saids it's ok to dig holes in da garden at our cabin. Ve have thousands of ferns and mossy rocks. Once marie saw dat New Yorkers were paying 200.00 for a medium sized mossy rock and she got excited becouse ve have so many. Good luck vith da garden tour........I bet it's beautiful dere.

Chow, Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home