Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Dead Mouse

Elsa was playing with a dead mouse inside the house today. Elsa was really pleased with herself. She was wagging her tail vigorously and smirking and moving the dead mouse from the dog bed to the crate when Mom became curious about why Elsa was so energetic. Mom made a high-pitched shrieking noise when she realized Elsa was playing with a dead mouse. I never heard Mom make that noise before -- I guess she was pretty impressed with Elsa's hunting skills.

I was hoping when Elsa got bored with the dead mouse I would get to play with it but -- incredibly -- Mom gave it to Fred! In fact she called Fred up right then and invited him over. When Fred came over he picked up the dead mouse in a plastic bag and took it back to his house. I guess Mom owed Fred a big favor or something. I suppose Fred is going to give it to his shelties, Maggie and Bailey.

Then Mom washed everything the dead mouse had touched. What a disappointment because it smelled good! Mom doesn't have the nose of a dog though so she doesn't know all of the places where Elsa played with the mouse. So we still have a nice dead mouse smell in the family room.

I tried to get Mom to take a picture of the mouse but she didn't even want to look at it. It was kind of cute lying on its back all slobbery from Elsa's saliva. Its little pink feet were sticking up in the air and its tail looked cut off -- Elsa must have taken a nibble. To be honest, I'm not sure it was a mouse at all. It may have been a teenage rat. Even better if you ask me. I hope Elsa catches another one soon.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Freda barked...

Hi Sam,
The only dead animal I have seen nose to nose is a squished frog. My human won't even let me take it into the house! I think it would make a great Frisbee. I like to toss things around the house.

I hope your MRI results are good.

I am a total house dog, too. Outside to do my thing, maybe a brief lie in the sun and back into the house. That's the best place to be.

Freda

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

I had a dead mole once. I thought it was a mouse, but Mom said it was a mole. One of those mobile snow cars went through our yard and hit the mole.

I sniffed it real hard for a while, then began to roll around on it. That's when my mom took it away - and only after a couple of rolls! That wasn't nearly enough time to get the proper perfume from the mole. I was so upset.

-Woof! (China)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home