Monday, February 21, 2005

The Dog That Swims

Today was my 5th day going swimming. I am officially "the dog that swims". But I don't like to swim! I resist when I am asked to get into the pool. I try to run away and then Connie and Mom have to drag me over to the side. Eventually I go along with it, and once I'm in I get into the mood and dog paddle, but honestly I would prefer to lounge by the side of the pool next to the heater and eat treats and watch the other dogs swim. I like going to the pool and all the social activity but why the heck do they have to ruin it by making me get wet!

All new dogs today at the pool. One of them looks exactly like Buffy but she is three times as big. Mom is going to take Buffy with us on Wednesday so the big Buffy and the little Buffy can meet. The other dog's name isn't Buffy but I forgot what its real name is.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger with one raised eyebrow barked...

Hi Sam!
Kobi really hates baths and getting wet, but Kobi is glad to hear you're getting your workouts in the water, where you won't get hurt by falling down. Your Mom is really sweet to take you so regularly and with such dedication.
Is this the $100 per swimming session one you mentioned previously?

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

Hi Kobi,

Actually Mom found a better place for me to swim that is less expensive and closer to home. It's called AquaDog and my swim instructor is Connie Frank. The pool is in Los Gatos which is the town next to mine here in the San Jose, California, area.

You are so tiny you can probably swim in the bathtub!

Sammy

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

Maybe you should watch Finding Nemo before you go and you can pretend you are Dori and think about that song she sings in the movie: "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming . . ."

My humans have to drag me into the lake, I always swim right in to shore where I belong.

Cal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home