Friday, February 18, 2005

The Daily Routine

Today I didn't wake up until 7:30am. I usually wake up before 6am and beg Mom to feed me. Not sure why I slept so long today. I did my duty, had my breakfast, did my duty, slept in the office, went outside, had a treat, slept in the hallway, got in the car, went swimming, got back in the car, went outside, helped feed the birds, napped in the office, ate dinner, did my duty, and so on.

At swimming class today there were new dogs. I met 3 German Shepherds and one medium-sized black mutt with 3 legs.

The little mutt has DM like me and she is missing one front leg so she can't walk at all. She doesn't even sit up. She swims a little bit and in between swims she rested in a doggy wheelchair that had a cloth "seat" with holes for her legs.

One of the German Shepherds has been swimming for 5 years! She chased a ball when she was in the pool.

I still do not want to get into the pool, but this time, when my feet hit that first step I jumped in! I really surprised Connie the swim instructor. I figured I might as well get it over with as soon as possible. My head went under water briefly and I got water in my ear but it's fine now. This was my fourth swimming lesson.

A good day that included some banana, treats, and ice cubes.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

Sam, you're starting to make that 'swimming' thing sound fun. I'm glad that you're starting to accept it, even if you might not ever really like it.

-Woof! (China)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Splash barked...

Sam, I'm glad you are starting to like swimming. Personally, I would rather be wet than anything else, but I understand that not all dogs feel that way.

Thanks again for the idea about bananas. I got some yesterday, and it's great. Our little puppy, Jewel, (she only 9 weeks old) got a tiny bit too, but she spit it out, so I got her portion too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home