Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Best Friend of Mom

Mom's best friend Laura passed away today, at age 53. I never got to meet Laura because she lived in Bs. Aires, Argentina and she hasn't been to visit us for two years, ever since she got sick. Mom said Laura had a brain tumor, called glioblastoma multiforme. Mom went to see Laura four times in the last two years, the last time was in November 2004 when I was here. I missed Mom a lot when she was gone but she needed to spend time with her friend. Mom met Laura in 1980 when Mom was in graduate school at MIT in Boston.

Well, I don't really understand any of this except the being friends part. I have a pretty good friend in Pumpkin (he seems to worship me, and why not?). Of course, Mom is my very best friend. As far as being sick, I don't know much about that. From my perspective, as long as the appetitite is intact, life is good.

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Heidi barked...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Friends are special and we should always cherish them.

best wishes Heidi's marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home