Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Donation for Animals Caught by Hurricane Katrina

I'm very worried about the pets that are caught in Hurricane Katrina. I can't do anything for them personally, since I'm not trained as a search and rescue doggy and I can't even walk -- but I've taken all of my allowance and made a donation to the Humane Society's Disaster Relief Fund.

Earlier this year I donated my allowance to the Humane Society Asia's Tsunami Relief Fund. I feel good to know that I'm giving up my treats for another doggy's dinner. I just hope I'm not buying cat food!


Jonathan Harvey rescues his dog Cuddles in Gulfport, Mississippi, on Monday
(AP Photo/John Bazemore)
[photo from the Humane Society website]

5 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

Thanks for the info Sam, think of all the animals!

I'm glad Cuddles got rescued.

Cal

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Freda barked...

Good for you. Great idea, Sammy. I think I can forego a few Greenies and new toys to help the Katrina orphaned animals. I am glad that the mayor of New Orleans told the humans that were evacuating the city to take their pets and those who left them behind would be charged with animal cruelty.

Woof!

Freda

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

Miss Kitty -- That's fine as I need felines to bark at!

Sammy

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

Bless your hearts, Sammy and Cynthia! Always thinking!
I'm going to donate right now!
Aunt & Uncle Swan and Kodi

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Harrison barked...

Hi Sam. I'm part of the blogburst for Katrina relief takin' place tomorrow. Info here: http://truthlaidbear.com/katrinarelief.php
and here:http://instapundit.com/archives/025235.php

Also have a list of other animal rescue organizations on my blog.

http://terriorists.blogspot.com/2005/08/pet-rescue-links.html

'Preciate it if you could pass around the info.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home