Monday, July 04, 2005

The Gradual Improvement

Every day I feel better. Tonight my temperature is 103.1 degrees F. My vet said anything above 102.5 degrees F is a fever. So I still have a bit of a fever but it is continuing to go down. When I was in the hospital my temperature got up to 105 degrees F. If you would like to know how to take the temperature of your dog, here's some instructions. (Warning: page includes explicit photo demonstrating how to do this!)



The better I feel, the more I think about FOOD. Tonight I ate a bit of kibble and canned dog food and rice, but frankly, I wasn't all that interested. So Mom gave me half of a can of salmon. Mmmmmm! Wow, salmon is smelly and tasty. I ate it all. For my bedtime snack I got some banana and steamed chicken.



The fireworks are just finishing up. Mom came home from her cousins' house to stay with us because she knows Pumpkin is afraid of the noise of fireworks (and thunder too). Buffy and Elsa are oblivious to the noise and this is my first July 4th with my adoptive family so Mom didn't know how I would react. Well, I didn't. Loud noises don't bother me even though my hearing is very acute.



I sat up several times today for a few minutes each time. I haven't had the strength to do that since I got sick last week.

I also barked at the cats! Mom grabs Misty (the gray yummy looking feline) and waves her at me. Misty isn't afraid of me but she gets kind of annoyed. I would just love to wrap my pearly teeth around her scrawny slinky body.


Misty the gray cat Posted by Picasa

Life is good again.

3 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

You are one tough doggie Sammy. So glad to know that you're feeling better!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Unknown barked...

Wow, salmon! I had some tuna juice from a can once - very good over kibble. And I saw a dead fish lying on the beach one day. I sniffed it but didn't take a bite. My human said it had been there for a long time.

Lately I get to eat venison and potatos. Guess I'm allergic to something and these humans are trying everything to get me to stop scratching. I love scratching itches, it's one of the great pleasures in life, don't you think?

Get more better soon!

Cal

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Heidi barked...

Glad to hear you're doing a little better. I don't like to visit and find you sick. I don't like dose firecrackers either. Marie and Vilhelm make us all stay inside til it's over. Marie have lost three pets on da fourth of July.

Chow Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home