Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Big Move

I've mentioned this briefly before -- we are moving! Mom says first we are going to Missouri and then maybe somewhere else. Mom says the most important thing is to sell this overvalued shack in earthquake country before the real estate market crashes, or the big one hits, or both! We've been really busy fixing up the house and packing (that's the royal we, the truth is I haven't had to do zip) and tomorrow, finally, the house goes on the market. Mom and Elsa and Pumpkin and I have to skip out from 9am-1pm for the realtor tour. Mom's going to take me swimming with Elsa and Pumpkin as my peanut gallery (Buffy is still on vacation).

AlthoughI haven't done any work I've been supervising Mom and Michele do the packing. Incredibly in today's "Cathy" comic strip there is a demonstration of exactly how Mom packed.


click on comic for larger view

I just hope she can find all of my toys at the other end!

4 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Freda barked...

Hey Sam,

Hope you don't end up in one of those boxes if your mom is really flinging wildly.

My typist's sister has her house on the market too, but in Colorado. When we moved to California we found that selling or buying a house here is much different. It is much more involved. I hope my humans never have to sell their house here. It will drive them crazy.

I hope your mom knows about the New Madrid, Missouri earthquake way back in 1811 and doesn't buy a house on that fault.

I remember I didn't do anything when my humans packed the house either. But I got real nervous because I knew something out of the ordinary was happening. We only had to leave the house once after the realtor tour, (Try to bark that fast one two, one two times) when a buyer human came by. He bought the house right then and there. Hope that happens to you. It certainly makes your human much easier to live with.

Good luck.

Woof! Woof!

Freda

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger mini barked...

hi sammy! just stumbled upon this cute blog. i have a black german shepard cousin too. xoxo moxie

http://mintpatch.blogspot.com/2005/09/who-let-dogs-out.html

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous barked...

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear your leaving CA. Your Mom's actions have caused my parents to stop and think about whether they should take the money and run form CA as well. In any case, hope you continue to post to your blog where ever you end up.
-Maddie

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger R. Keith barked...

Hi Sam,
I was going to say that I hope your mom knows about the New Madrid fault, but I see Freda beat me to it. My mom says to tell you that if you want to fit in when you get to Missouri be sure to say MAD-RID, not Ma-Drid.
Pimm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home