Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Stranded and Abandoned Doggies in New Orleans

Aahhh, my doggy heart is breaking.

The home page of the Los Angeles Times has a photo of two sad doggies stranded on top of a car in New Orleans. One is a gorgeous GSD and the other a brown and white spaniel.

Don't doggies deserve to be rescued too?


Two dogs sit stranded on an SUV in New Orleans, eight days after Hurricane Katrina struck the region. (Reuters)

I gave more of my allowance to the Humane Society today. I've given away all of my treat money for the next 100 years actually. I've spent my great-great-grandchildren's inheritance to try to save some of these poor doggies from death by starvation, thirst, drowning, disease, and so on. Since I can't actually have any progeny (not sure why but Mom says it doesn't matter that I'm "neutered") I thought giving my fortune away was the right thing to do. Luckily since I'm only a dog I cannot dwell on this enormous tragedy. I can only eat my food, beg for treats, and bark at the cats.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

I hope those doggies and others got rescued in time with all the people. That's great you give something to those in need, they sure need it!

Cal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home