Monday, February 07, 2005

The Daily Banana

I've finally trained Mom to give me a banana every day. Actually, all 5 of us share one banana. I get about half because I'm the most enthusiastic. Buffy doesn't eat his pieces at all -- no problem since Pumpkin vacuums them up. I've tried to explain to Mom that I am also willing to eat the peel...I try to grab it before she throws it in the box that is full of delicious rotten stuff (she calls it the trash can!). I reach out for the peel and stick my big nose in the can. But she just says "No! Sam!" and closes the top. Oh well, I can't complain. Life is good.

I must mention though that the ancient no-nose cat Charli is in intensive care at Adobe Pet Hospital. Mom has had several long conversations with the vet today about her. From what I can overhear, Charli is doing better, eating again, but still very weak. Mom told us that Charli might have cancer and there isn't a cure, but she will probably be able to come home and spend one more spring sitting in the sunshine.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger R. Keith barked...

Sam,
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. We lost our cats recently, and my people are still sad. At first I thought, oh good no more cats competing for food and petting, but I miss them too. Cats are ok. I hope Charli gets better.
Pimm

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

Hi Sam, glad you are getting your fave treat every day.

And for Charli, one more Spring in the sunshine would be so awesome. Kwiya the Samoyed that was here before me got to have one more summer in the sandbox which was her favorite place to hang out. I hope when I get old I get all the care I need to give me one more Spring or Summer of what I love!

Sounds like your humans are really good. I'd stick with them for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home