Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Fever is Gone!

My fever is completely gone. I now have a normal temperature of 101.9 degrees F. Don't ask how I know this 'cause it's kind of embarrassing what has to be done to get this scientific data. Suffice it to say Mom puts the muzzle on me first before taking the reading since being poked and prodded you-know-where is a bit wierd.

As a well doggy, I am quite alert now. I bark at the cats, I gobble down my food, I drool at the sight of an ice cube or even the anticipation of an ice cube, I slurp water from my bowl, and I whine for a snack. Aahhhh. Life is good here in Saratoga.

Oh yikes, re: Saratoga. We are moving! Last Saturday Mom decided to sell our house and we are going to go somewhere else.



Mom says not to worry all of us doggies and kitties are going but the birds will be finding a new home. Their aviary is portable so Mom feels confident she can find a loving person to take the aviary and the birds. 4 of the birds Mom raised from eggs more than 10 years ago so she is sad to leave them behind but the place we are moving to has long cold snowy winters. Whatever that means. I'm a native Californian myself so I don't have a clue about snow. Mom is sad she will be leaving behind her native plant garden but she says that wherever we go they have their own native plants and she can start again. Mom already started packing so she seems to be serious. I just hope she doesn't plop me in one of those big boxes!

9 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger R. Keith barked...

Hi Sam! I'm so glad you're feeling better, and don't worry abut the snow.You can eat it and pretend it's ice cream. My staff told me last night that they have finally sold our farm and we're moving to the city next month. I'm not sure what that means. I hope I can still hunt turtles.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

Pimm -- We are probably moving to Missouri where you live! Maybe we can meet someday.

-- Sammy

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

Sammy, it's so good to hear that you're feeling better!

If you want to know about snow, just read my blog - I learned about snow after moving from Florida (the warm place). It's loads of fun, but I never did try eating it. Maybe this coming winter I'll try that.

Mom told me that she grew up in Missouri, in the Ozark Mountain region near Springfield. She says it's a lot like Maine and that she loves Missouri.

Have fun watching your mom pack! Try not to get in her way - I did a few times and some cross words were thrown my way.

-China

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Splash barked...

Oh Sam! My mom says we are moving to Missouri too someday. She thinks she can buy a BIG house to replace our little one here in California. She is hoping for a pond or swimming pool too. I think I might like that....my wading pool is kinda small.

Just stay away from those boxes, you probably won't get put in one but it's better safe than sorry!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

Mom says real estate is so cheap in Missouri she can buy a house just for us doggies! Ha ha. But I don't want a house of my own I want to be with Mom!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

My human says Missouri was named after a tribe of Native Americans and means "place of the large canoes."

Maybe you'll get to ride in a canoe a lot in your new home. Just guessing.

Another thing I think I heard my humans say that Missouri is the "Show Me Treats" State, so you have that going for you . . .

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Splash barked...

But I suppose BOB has to stay behind when you move.....

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Heidi barked...

Missouri is very nice. It gets a little cold and snow but not as much as vhere I am. Moving is like an adventure. Marie have moved around da country alot vhen she vas a little girl. Now ve live vhere Vilhelm vas born and I'm sure ve vill always have a place here.

I hear it is very expensive to live in California. Ve use to have a big parade go past our house but dey moved it.......security.....homeland stuff. Anyhooo ve use too always have tourists in our yard and dey vhere amazed at our house cause dey can't have vone like dis on da east or vest coast. I bet you vill have a nice big house vith lots of grass! Good luck to you.

Chow Heidi

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab barked...

Hey Sam! Glad to hear you're better and are enjoying the hi-life of ice cubes! I hope that the frequency of "taking the temperature" decreases significantly.

*shiver*

I wonder if there is some greater, cosmic shift happening causing sidekicks to move to Missouri! I better not let my sidekick read your blog about moving! She gets ants in her pants and seems to move around a lot.

To ad to Cal's Missouri facts, I overheard that Ice-tea and Ice cream cones were both invented there. Also their State Insect (and yes, I guess every state has their own 'State Insect') is the Honey Bee!!!!!

A new life filled with ice-tea, ice cream and honey bees sounds like a nice place to settle!

:)Haley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home