Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Less-than-Perfect Pets

Mom is not happy with us. That is, she isn't happy with Elsa, Pumpkin, the cats, and me. She's OK with Buffy, at least for the moment.

She says we are "less than perfect" pets. And why? I will list our so-called transgressions and you can judge for yourself.
  • My (Sam's) bad behavior: Grabbed food out of trash can and when Mom tried to pull it out of my mouth, accidentally bit down on her finger. Half-swallowed a latex glove which Mom had to pull out of my throat. Starting at 5am this morning barked at the front door for an half hour even though absolutely nothing was going on outside.
  • Elsa's bad behavior: Caught eating poop.
  • Pumpkin's bad behavior: Pulled all of the stuffing out of one of the cats' pillows. This on top of last week's bad behavior of making a hole in the down comforter (what a mess!). And practically choking to death on a baby carrot because he gobbles his food down so fast. Mom almost had a heart attack when he started screaming in pain.
  • The cats: Peeing outside their cat box despite that Mom keeps it spotlessly clean.

You know what I have to say about this? Hey, we're dogs (and cats)! This is what we do. You gotta take the bad with the good. I'm sitting right next to Mom as she is typing this for me and making little barks because I think she should reward me for not complaining about her!




3 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Brandi Mills barked...

Sam, I used to sneak treats from the garbage too. I can't now 'cause Mom and Dad bought a garbage bin with a snap-down lid. I can't push the button so no more 'bad' treats for me.

Last time I did that, I ate a whole ziploc bag that a steak had been in. Mom and Dad didn't find out until it...um...came out. Poor Dad, he had to help me when that happened.

That's when they went to the store I can't go in and got the locking bin. *pout*

-Woof! (China)

P.S.: Mom says she loves that cartoon.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

Darn that lidded garbage can. Now that I'm getting bigger I can almost rest my head on the dining room table. Which means that since it at my level, if no one is looking (which means they must not want that food) then its mine, right?

I'm finding out that it not mine like I thought. Apparently, humans love to hog all the good food for themselves and make us eat the same old thing day in and day out.

Well, I for one am going on strike. Actually, tomorrow or the next day would be better for me, all this typing makes me too hungry . . .

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

China and Cal,

I think going on strike is a great idea. But instead of the usual not eating strike, we should do the opposite. Eat more! That will teach our humans that we are absolutely serious about food.

Thanks for your comments and together I think we can rule the world or at least get more treats. Which we deserve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home